Thursday 14 May 2015

Any recommendations?

I try to read as many different novels as possible. I try not to read any rubbish and I also cannot get on well with fantasy or sci-fi. I recently started reading 'Station Eleven' after hearing from every man and his dog that it was 'wonderful.' I got half way through it and thought it was wonderful that I managed to sell it on Amazon and got my money back. I'm now reading 'The Cuckoo's Calling' by Robert Galbraith which I thought would be rubbish but has been a pleasant surprise - more on that later. Any recommendations for what I should read in the future?

2 comments:

  1. I loved Station Eleven (i normally go nowhere near sci-fi), but I can also see why many wouldn't like it. It doesn't really "go" anywhere, for starters. I know it sounds strange to say that about a book I really liked, but it is a criticism of the book I can definitely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that my reservations were that I didn't care one iota for any of the characters. When that happens I think that life is too short and move onto the next book. Incidentally, I found that 'World War Z' didn't go anywhere either, and that's another post-apocalyptic novel that I just couldn't get into.

    ReplyDelete